Sunday 7 February 2010

Another little card


Wasn't going to do any crafting today but took a quick look at the calendar and noticed that it's our friends' Anniversary at the beginning of next week so thought I'd make another of my favourite little cards.






Must remember in the future though that cards are best photographed in natural daylight as the colours aren't entirely true.Have posted two photos taken in different rooms so hopefully you'll be able to get the gist.





I've used two different off cuts of paper to cover the front of the card but before I've stuck them onto the base card I have joined them and added a thin strip of paper in a deeper toning shade.I then wrapped a piece of tulle around this then wrapped the daisy lace over the tulle glueing at the back of the card.The hearts were cut out in both of the paler papers using a sizzix die and then put back together so that each heart is of both papers.I brushed around all of the edges with a toning chalk eye and then glued thepapers to the card base.The heart and the greeting were mounted onto the card using 3d pads.I used a white gel pen roughly around the edges and couple of gems gave the finishing touch.


Hope you like it, Julie x

1 comment:

vicky said...

Loving your Blog & so loving your work, I'm hooked already love it love it!!! xxx