Saturday 20 March 2010

Patchwork

I thought I'd lost the knack today, I cut lots of squares in 2 different sizes using a Cuttlebug die,kept laying them out but for some reason I just couldn't make a card from them. Then after a little more re-arranging I remembered a technique I'd seen where you give the squares dimension so out came a foam mat and I ran the rounded lid of my pen firmly around the wrong side of the scalloped edges and the squares popped up. I placed a square foam pad in the middle of each,mock stitched around the squares and placed them around the edges of my card.

I stamped the Papermania pansies on a square of card and coloured them with toning Copics,inked around the edges and placed it in the centre of my card. I've made another card using the smaller squares that I cut,might share it with you later in the week. The lovely papers are again Jack and Jill, Quite Contrary by My minds Eye.
Hope you like it,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie x

3 comments:

gayle said...

This is a super card Julie. Very effective way of using small scraps of left over papers.

Eileen said...

Oh I love this card Julie ....gonna try this technique myself... Eileen x

Julie Wilson said...

This is one of Karens favourite techniques and works really well as a baby card using soft gingham and pale colours. Love it. Jxx