Monday 12 April 2010

Scrapbooking

Haven't any time to make cards this week so instead I'm going to share a couple of my recent layouts from my fortnightly scrapbooking classes. I'm not sure who the papers are by but they are so lovely. I have used 4 of the papers here it doesn't show on these photos but they all have some glittering on them.


They are just gorgeous papers don't you think?
I love the dimension you can get by off setting two shades of flowers nearly on top of one another. I also "popped" the centres of the flowers by punching a circle of paper then with the colour side down I held it in the curled palm of my hand and moved the rounded lid of a pen round and round the centre which gradually shapes the centre. I then mounted it using a tiny foam square.

The frame was made using one of the lovely templates that are available at Scrapbook Sisters .
If you haven't checked out their blog for a while,their "shoe challenge"closing date has been extended to the 30th of April. I for one am pleased about this as I haven't had chance to finish mine. Why not take a look and have a go!
Thanks for stopping by,
happy crafting,
Julie x

2 comments:

Louise F NZ said...

Super sweet layouts Julie, love the photos too. You should come and give our challenge for this fornight a go over at butterfly crafts. Here is the link for the ning group....
http://butterflycrafts.ning.com/
Come and join us.

Pop's Cards said...

I love seeing layouts as the photos are always so special, gorgeous honey, have a fab weekend hugs Pops x