Thursday 11 November 2010

On The Road!

My eldest daughter passed her driving test yesterday,she's over the moon and can't wait till the weekend to go out on the road without the "L plates" I'm really pleased for her though as you can imagine,more than a bit nervous at the thought of her driving on her own.

Here's the card that I made for her using a Bugaboo Friday Freebie. I coloured it with Copics,cut it out and mounted it onto foam pads. The grass was cut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge,by selecting the fit to length button and setting the dial to 6" I was able to cut the grass to fit my 14 cm card, I only needed to trim 1 blade of grass off. I coloured some peel off line border to serve as the stems of the Prima flowers and attached these to the grass before gluing this to the sponged road and placing the car.

The centres of the flowers were made using a circle punch and the L plates are some table confetti I've had in my stash for years.

The greeting is an old Midnight Media foam stamp with a little doodling around it.

I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Catch The Bug,Anything goes,
Cute Card Thursday 138,Anything goes,
Karber 13,Digi with an animal,
Lexis Creations 26,Anything goes,
Fairy Tale Challenge Blog,Everything goes,
CCEE1045,Shop bought flowers,
That's it for me today,can't wait for my daughter to come home to give her the card.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
This is a very nice card and a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge
Hugs Karla

Ger said...

This is a great card, she's going to love it! The L plates are perfect. You really are getting the most out of that Cricut. I hear so many people saying it came out of the box once and went back in again.

I do feel for you, it's terrifying seeing one of your babies take to the roads on their own!! Congratulations and well done to her, and I'm sure she'll be fine.

Ger x.

Unknown said...

Adorable! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

Nancy in Iowa said...

What a milestone in a young lass's life. I know it's hard to see them go - but we all grow from the expereince. Your card is perfect. And what a lovely keepsake for this scrapbook worthy event.
Great job on the card. Keep us posted on the weekend's events! We'll all be sending positive thoughts for safe travels for your daughter and adequate sleep for her mum.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How cute, and perfect for passing a drivers test. Love the broken plates!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE Challenge this week!!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Darling easel card and wonderful coloring. It will be all too soon when my daughter starts to drive and she's only 5! LOL

Annette22 said...

such a cute card

thanks a lot for joining us at ou very first Fairytale challenge

hugs
Annette

Bianca said...

Oh, this is so lovely! Congratuliations to your doughter! Thanks for playing with us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Sue U said...

Whoo hoo!! Congratulations to your daughter, love this image - he looks so cute as a big image. Hope she liked your fabulous card :-) Sue

Tammy Miller said...

This card is so adorable. Wonderful image and love how you colored the image. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog for our Anything Goes Challenge!! We Hope to see you again for our next challenge! Thanks Again, Tammy

darling Ho said...

Ha~~ It's so cute! My son loves cars very much, too.:)
Thanks for you join our 1st challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge.
~~darling Ho~~ FTC DT

Unknown said...

This is soooo cute. I just love looking at your creations. They alway put a smile on my face..

Hugs, Linda

PokSa said...

Your card is so cute. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.

Lori said...

Oh so sweet, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, we're happy to have you!

Julie said...

An really fab card, perfect in all it's little details.