Wednesday 10 November 2010

Scrapbook Sisters Challenge 10,

Week 10 at Scrapbook Sister's Card challenge is a really lovely one,"Christmas Colours",now everyone can do this one right? the clock is ticking and it won't be long before December is here and we're all panicking that we still have cards to make,so why not enter the challenge and knock another card off the list!

I decided to make another frame card,this time using one of Gayles Digi's,available only at Scrapbook Sisters.The minimum order restrictions have now been removed from the website so that you are able to purchase the images individually,do take a look as the images are stunning!

I printed out my image twice then used removable Herma to put some DP over the cardigan area and pop it through the printer again so that the image was printed directly onto the red spotty paper.( it's a good idea to mark the card that your printing on before you put it through so that you are sure that the second run through is going to print in the same spot. I put top front on mine just to be sure.) When the paper is printed I just remove it from the cardstock, cut it out and use a copic marker in a similar shade to add depth and shading.I then was able to add this to my coloured image adding my string of lights which I coloured and cut out from the other print out.(Hope this makes sense)

I used my revolution flourish to cut the gold mirri card and added a silver bell to my ribbon bow before attaching this to the front of my card.The greeting is from a Woodware set "Christmas Sentiments"The papers are from the A5 Forever Friends paper pack "Santa's On His Way"

I added some 3D glaze to the lights and the bauble and a touch of stickles to the image.
Everything that I have used for this card is available at "Scrapbook Sister's apart from the bell which came from Paperchase,bargain at £3.75 for 72!
Hope you join us this week,thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


4 comments:

Nancy in Iowa said...

She is just the cutest snowlady EVER. Love all the details! She is so adorable. Love the sweater - love the ornament deets, love the gold flourish...she makes me look forward to snow - in all it's snow crunching, sled-slidding, nose tingling, flake watching glory. AWESOME.

Annika said...

Beautiful colouring, girl! Oh, and btw, if you look for good Copic card then try this card . It's good value and brilliant for Copics, I've had no trouble printing either. It's too smooth for Prismas though, just a warning.
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

This is so adorable.. I know I alway say that when I am here.. But I mean it.. This is so cute. I love that image. And your coloring just blows me away.. Hugs, Linda

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Julie! Sorry haven't been to visit before now but things get a bit crazy!!!
Are you still waiting for an image for Southern Girls? I have all three and can send you what you want. Viv xx