Wednesday 15 December 2010

Scrapbook Sister's Card Challenge Fifteen

This week's card challenge at Scrapbook Sisters is Non Traditional Christmas,now,I didn't realise what a traditional girl I was as when I looked through my stash,all I could find was the traditional coloured papers.

Luckily I remembered that when I was ill the other week,my husband treated me to a card magazine which had some free papers in by Kaiser Craft and these were just perfect.

I made a gate fold card using the Snowman with Attitude Digi by Gayle Bond,did you realise that you can flip images before you print them out? I had a few lessons from my daughter so I thought I'd put the technique to good use and print them out facing one another, You can almost hear them saying "Snap" lol!

I played around with the papers,taking different images from the selection and layering them together. As I'd used the inside of the card for the main focal area,I used some die cuts for the back of the card to write my greeting,I just inked around the edges to add interest.

The snowman on the front of my card is from Gayle's set of Christmas stamps but it is also available as a Digi stamp,you can find Gayle's digi's HERE,they are available exclusively at Scrapbook Sisters.

I hope you feel inspired to join in with this week's challenge,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x




1 comment:

gayle said...

Great card Julie. I love how you have flipped the image. You'll have to show me how! x