Wednesday 12 January 2011

Scrapbooksisters Card Challenge 18

This week's card challenge at Scrapbooksisters is Hearts Desire, a perfect reason to play about with my new Calligraphy Collection Cartridge and the Cricut.
Please don't look too closely at the rough edges,I could say they're distress but the only real distress is the fact that I've misplaced my new blade for my Fiskars trimmer,these are like gold dust and I have to make them last as long as possible but would prefer not to end up with a rough edge. Anyone know if they can be sharpened?

The papers are by Bo Bunny,a gift of love. I cut the hearts out in triplicate because I wanted them to be strong enough to over hang the edge and not get spoilt in an envelope if posted,cutting them out in the DP,black Bazzil and the same card as the base card.

There was an excellent selection of amazing cards for challenge 17,hope that you are inspired to enter this one.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

4 comments:

Sue U said...

Hi Julie! Lovely card, and that really is a fab font. Have you tried changing the grey bit the blade on the cutter goes on, mine always improves when I change it or turn it over (cheaper than the blades too!)
Sue xx

SAMARA said...

Hi Julie! What an absolutely Swanky card! I love your style, in fact, have commented on them as I scroll down, before. Your style is exciting and innovative...I love your colors and the different types of stamps and textures you use. The coloring you do is out of this world! I have HONORED your with THE STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD! Hop on over to my blog later today to pick up your gadget to post on your blog, and recommend 8 STYLISH BLOGGERS of your own... See you over there! Squishy Hugs, Samara

Jeannie said...

Stylish card Julie - love those filigree hearts!

Di said...

Hi Julie

It depends which cutter you have. Is it the small black old style one with a little orange plastic sliding blade....but it doesn't have a cutting strip that can be changes round as described by Sue above. They did change the design a bit and the new blades don't fit the old style one which I have. Let me know if am on the right track and which one you have - I have some of the new ones spare 'cos they don't fit my old-style trimmer, also I found some old-style blades and snapped up a couple! Happy to share if they're what you're looking for. Di x