Friday 25 February 2011

Garden Of Wishes

Well,it's nearly the weekend,normally I'd be doing a little happy dance but this Friday means I've only two full days left before I have to go back to work :( Oh well,I'd best make the most of the weekend! Now,a very lovely scrapbooking friend gave me a little gift,my first "Lili Of The Valley" stamp, isn't she lovely,the friend and the fairy! The stamp is called "Garden Of Wishes". A brilliant reason to enter this weeks challenge at LOTV,I coloured the beautiful image with Copics,added stickles to her wings and as the challenge is Circles I did"out of the circle" wings using Revolution circles through the Cuttlebug.The background was made by stamping pink dotty circles on to white card and rubbing over it with luster rub ons which add a pearly sheen. I then cut some flowers from the pink DP and added roses to their centres. I thought I'd get clever and punch small circles from the paper,emboss them using Swiss Dots folder and glue them to the back of the focal circle,what a waste of time that was, it looks like I've used a scalloped Nestie, I could have saved myself some time.

I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
LOTV85,Circles,
Fussy And Fancy,Embossing or paper piecing,
Stamp Something,With flowers,
Wags and Whiskers 48,Punches,
Crafts and Me,Spread your wings,
Creative Card Crew,Fantasy.
That's me for this evening,have a lovely weekend,
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

13 comments:

Vicky said...

Very beautiful card Julie love the image & the colour is so pretty.
Thankyou for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

CraftyC said...

Totally goregous card Julie, love the colours on this. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Dorcas said...

It came out real nice, Julie!

Chelsea said...

Love the pink! Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy!

Di said...

This is really beautiful Julie. I can spot the embossing on the circles and I like it - so not such a waste of time, truly! And, as a pink girl myelf, of course I adore the colour combo! Di x

uksharon said...

Fabulous card and so beautifully put together.
Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at CCCC.
Best wishes, Sharon

Unknown said...

This is beautiful my friend.. I love the soft pink tones you used.. Soooo pretty. And you colored that beautiful image perfectly..

Hope you are enjoying your weekend..

Hugs, Linda

stempelfeest said...

Wow, what a sweetie, really adorable! Thank you for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers!
x Mariska

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous, loving your colours, thank for joining our circle challenge at Lili of the Valley. Good luck hugs Pops x x

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous card Julie.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Nancy in Iowa said...

OH! P.S. "stumbled upon" this the other day and thought of you...
http://www.break.com/pictures/rainbow-prank

buwaaahhhhaaaahhaaaaa!!!!

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV challenge this week.

Edna x

Vicky said...

This is really really beautiful love the image.
Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me Challenges, good luck.

HUgs Vicky xx