Tuesday 27 September 2011

Totally Ladybug Tuesday.

Well,it's all happening at the LADYBUGS,Laurie is now a permanent Bug and I've been given my wings,actually,I might get them taken away next week but that's a whole new story,will fill you in next Tuesday lol! Seriously though, I was beginning to think that I was destined to keep the GDT title forever but it turned out to be an oversight ;) Thanks Lisa!
What did you all think of the new Magnum Digis,aren't they fab! I hope you all enjoyed the "hop" as much as we did!
 I used my Magnum stamp for this week's DT card .

The challenge this week,set by Amanda is to use Autumn colours with the option of using additional folds in your project. This was just the kick up the backside that I needed to make an easel card, I don't know why I've left it so long since I last made one,I love making them!

I used  some neglected Basic Grey papers and some off cuts from my drawer. The papers had some,(sorry have forgotten the name but they look like teardrop shapes) I cut these out and turned them into a flower with the addition of a punched circle to the centre. A papermania scalloped border die,doubled up to make the panel across the middle,it doesn't show in the photo but I used up some sequins which IRL add a bit of interest to the brads. I used a brown fine liner to add the blanket stitching to the edges of my papers,I saw a tutorial somewhere the other week on how to do this,wish I could remember where so that I could share it.  



I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
Incy Wincy,Fancy folds,
OLLCB89,Dies and punches,
Magical Mondays,Punches and dies,
Victorine Originals 17,Easel,
Come and Get it,Easel cards,
Pile It On 39,Fancy folds,
The Crafty Pad 140,Stitching,
Just Some Lines,Fall colours.
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

22 comments:

Mary J said...

How beautiful Julie! I love mono fall card and love how you've done the base of that easel card!

Lisa Jane said...

oh i am so sorry about the GD title Julie .. you should have nudged me earlier .. i wasn't paying attention! it will be me who gets the sack lol
Love this card - what gorgeous papers and the image looks fab
Lisa x

Pami said...

Fabulous stepper card Julie, I love the faux stitching, I just normally do straight lines but I might give this a go! Your colouring is fab, and gorgeous flower. Pami x

Kerry said...

I love these pp's Julie..they are so warm...just like a hug lol. The stitching is great and I always threaten to do it but chicken out! Do try and remember where you saw the tutoria. You've coloured Magnum beautifully..love the mount you put him on :-D xx

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Julie, those paper are so beautiful and perfect with Magnum.

Unknown said...

This is sooooo cute. YOur making me smile again with that image my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Whimsey said...

Oh so cute; LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that flower - delightful!!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love it.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love the rich colours and fab image and design :D

xx coops xx

DesignerDiva said...

Julie I just love your colouring of Magnum! He's fantastic as a ginger tom - all your shading is just perfect. Gorgeous flower too, sooooooo creative

Hugs Laurie x

Dawn said...

Great little easel card! I love it!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Stitching Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Unknown said...

Fab easel card Julie! Love the colour too! :)

Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week! :)
Lizy DT x

Amanda R said...

Love the circle image popped up over the top of the card and the big flower on the bottom panel. Lovely job Julie!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love the detail in the flower. Thanks so much for taking part in Come and Get it Challenge for this week.

Diane said...

Your card is so cute Julie and really love the faux blanket stitching !! Going to pinch that idea !!

thanks for playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad Stitching challenge !!

hugs diane xx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Great card, Julie - I got it linked up for you at Just Some Lines. Thanks for joining our Fall Colors challenge. :)
Peace & Hugs, Jenn

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, love your image of the kitty!

Thanks for joining us this week for our challenge at Come and Get It.....hope to see you again soon!

Shell~Alaska♥

aqualeiga said...

I LOVE this! Such a fun image, and beautifully put together. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Shelley said...

Simply gorgeous, thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Deisgns Challenge xx

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Love that kitty!
Thanks for playing along with us at Just Some Lines Fall Color Challenge.
Love, Laura JSLDT

Tina said...

this image made me smile...great card

thanks for joining us at just some lines

Tina
jsldt

Just Some Lines Digital Stamps said...

Such a fab card!!!
Thanks for joining the Just Some Lines Saturday Challenge :)