Tuesday 9 October 2012

A Delightful TLT Challenge

Morning all, It's my turn to host Totally Ladybug Tuesday this fortnight!
There's a new Digi release today
"Floral Delights Too"
 
The theme for this fortnight is
 
 

 
I coloured up my gorgeous image,
 
 


 
I embossed my white cardstock using a large dot embossing folder and added a touch of glossy accents to the coloured bugs. 


 
I thought it would be fun to add the Ladybug from the image to the envelope. This is such an easy thing to do, I just used copy paper to print out the image moving the digi so that it appeared to the bottom right hand side of the sheet. Once this was done I positioned my envelope over the printed image working out where I wanted the bug to be and used masking tape to hold it in place a post it note was then placed over where the rest of the image would print. (It's a good idea to remove some of the sticky from the masking tape so that it doesn't mark the envelope when it's removed, this can be done by simply sticking it to your clothing first so that it picks up a little of the lint)
I have to say that I love this image, I'd hoped to have had time to show you a selection of ways that you could use it, I'll do my best to find time before next Tuesday and add them to a reminder! 
 


 
 
I 'm using my card for the following challenges:-
DVC42, Pink,
CMC5, Happy Birthday,
CYP131, Hip to be square,
Lexis 75, Pink,
MIM110, Anything goes,
JSCB, Down in the garden,
AGOAC56,For the girls.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x
 
 

26 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Julie. I love the image and colours. Really pretty!
Lorraine x

Mary J said...

That is very beautiful Julie, love the emobssing and paper piercing!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous. I love the image and the colours and layout are fabulous

Sue

Lisa Jane said...

just fabulous .. and i love how you used the little bug on the envelope .. a brilliant idea
Lisa x

Kerry said...

I adore this Julie...think you've used the right shade of green for the watering can. The cut out frame is perfect as is your colouring...great tip for the envelope...clever clogs!!! xx

brenda said...

Absolutely love it Julie, lovely summery colours and the paper piercing is very effective.

B x

Chris said...

This is brilliant, Julie. Love the image, the little bugs are so cute, very clever to add one to the envelope!
Chris
x

Susan said...

Wonderful Julie - absolutely gorgeous - and the tiny ladybug on the envelope is soooo cute - please tell us how you did that ?? Xx

Susan said...

Can't believe I missed the instructions - my phone must have scrolled too quick LOL Xx

Kathleen said...

Julie this is fabulous, I love it to bits, fantastic colour choices and the use of the die cuts and the white all make for a stunning card.

Kath x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Julie, such a beautiful card. and I love the combination of flowers and embossing, just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations.
Love Sandra xxx

Bonnie Irvine said...

Love, love, love this sweet card. Every part works so well with the others from the gorgeous bright colours to the embossing to the frame. Awesome! Great tip for decorating the envelope, too. Thanks for joining our Hip to Be Square challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I'm glad I got the chance to visit your blog.

Tracy Wray aka Trak said...

BEAUTIFUL card very colourful such imagination ..Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a fabulous fun card , perfect those gardeners out there! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'pink' challenge!

Jane said...

Hi Julie this is gorgeous and it's not just me that thinks it...it's the card of the day on the Joanna Sheen website! Well done you. The little ladybird on the envelope is SO cute,
Jane x

Amanda R said...

Julie I love love love this card! How great is the cut out to frame the image and the ladybug to decorate the inside, great card!

Donna said...

Such a pretty, girly card...thanks for joining in the fun at AGOAC and good luck :) Donna ♥ x

xxxtglxxx said...

such a fun and vibrant card Julie! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Anonymous said...

Beautifully striking colour combo.You've framed the image perfectly.Such a lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Marianne said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Love the striking colours and the way you've framed this wonderful new image. Love the ladybug on the envelope, too.

Melanie Rozwood said...

This is really neat. I like all the different types of framing you used. Thanks for participating at CYP.

afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com

RoseC said...

Julie, your beautifully colored floral delight image looks fabulous on this sweet pink and white birthday card. Lovin' how you've added a ladybug to the envelope too! TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

Nancy in Iowa said...

Loved your posting over at LadyBugs! FUNNY!
Great combo for a challenge. And of course your card is my favorite. Very pretty image you colored in - and love love the additional flora added to the side. You are so very clever! AND the envelope? It would have taken me a days of figuring, testing, trying, crying and general foot stamping to get that placed in just the right spot. Kudos!

Addii said...

That is very nice !
Thank you for playing along at Card Mania Challenges!

Donna said...

Stunning card Julie, love the vibrant pink with the white and your colouring is spot on. Many thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog :) Donna ♥ x

OlgaB said...

This is so sweet....love the colour combo!