Tuesday 16 October 2012

A Mini Masterpiece


Yesterday I had planned an evening of craft, ready for me to share several cards using this gorgeous New Digi,
My computer mouse had other plans though,
 the battery went flat so it was late before I was able to get printing out my images,
leaving me only enough time to make the one card.
 
This tiny 3"x3" card in fact looks better in real life, it doesn't show up here but the fancy xcut frame is raised on foam pads and frames the tiny coloured image perfectly. A touch of glossy accents, some stickles and some nailheads.
Now, I've recently been accused of living in a cave, I hadn't seen nailheads and assumed they'd be, well, that they'd resemble nailheads and be dull and boring.
How wrong was I! They are gorgeous, and if you happen to call by LCI, Kerry is stocking them along with all the other scrummie embellishments.
 
 
 
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
DOC36, Anything goes,
JDE27, Use 2 dies,
CBLA, Anything goes,
MIM111, Anything goes,
2 Sisters 113, Anything goes,
AGOAC57, Anything goes.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x
 

16 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey cavegirl lololol!!! This is gorgeous Julie...love that it's 3 x 3...so cute...you done good with the naileads!! The frame is fabulicious...just added it to my wish list. Right...off to add those gorgeous nailheads to the website!xx

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.i love your colours and fab image :D

xx coops xx

scrappymo! said...

Very stunning. This would also look pretty framed!

Penny said...

Julie, this is such a sweet card! Love the colors you used, love the little die-cut frame, love your image and coloring and your embellies! :^) Thank you for joining us at Lady Anne's! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Donna said...

Beautiful work and such a pretty image! Thanks for joining in with our flower challenge at AGOAC :) Donna ♥ x

Lisa Jane said...

I am now picturing you in a loin cloth lol... a bit like Wilma in the Flintstones!!
Love the card .. the frame is gorgeous
Lisa x

Pia S said...

Beautiful design with the lovely frame you've made for this image. Nice, CAS design!

Chana Malkah said...

Very well done! Your project is a wonderful example of the "power" of a well executed CAS Design that uses both space and color to create a visually stunning presentation!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

Hugz,
Chana

Sheila H said...

Your die cut frame is very cute. It highlights your image well. I like your colors and coloring. It's nice to see your project at Jackson's Digital Expressions - thanks for joining us.

My Creative Therapy said...

Julie...I guess we've been in the same cave because this is the first I've heard of nailheads myself! LOL! I love the look though completes the card I think and the red brings out the tiny ladybugs! This is a beautiful example of CAS. Thanks for joining us this week at Jackson's Digital Images!

Kathi
DT Coordinator

Marjorie said...

Fabulous card, such a lovely image!...Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Make it Monday..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Sooooooooooo pretty! I love the image and that border frame is awesome. Thank you for joining us at 2 sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card my friend. Those nailhead look great.

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Fab card, love the nailheads...

Confiseries Papier said...

Great card,just lovely. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Mema's Crafts said...

Lovely card and I like the die you used. Isn't it wonderful how nailheads can change a card completely. Thanks for playing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Lesia
JDE DT Member
www.memascrafts.blogspot.com