Thursday 25 October 2012

As Simple As It Gets!

 
Hi there, I had a Birthday at the beginning of the week and have been thoroughly spoilt one way or another!
My Hubbie took me craft shopping before the event and I chose a couple of new Xcut dies amongst my goodies, One of which I used here to create my card blank using one of my other favourites to remove the aperture.
The gorgeous Floral Delights image was coloured oh so quickly using one of my other treats Polychromo pencils. I couldn't believe how much quicker it was than using my beloved Copics, need to get practising though! 
 
 


Sorry for the funny colour of the photos, we don't seem to have had proper daylight for days!
 


 
 
 
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
MIM112, Anything goes,
TTCRD, Anything goes,
CIP, Anything goes,
OSAAT136, Digi,
Paperplayers 118, Frames.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


15 comments:

Chris said...

Such a very sweet and lovely card, Julie! The colouring looks pretty amazing to me!! Happy (belated!!) birthday, love how you have used your presents!!!!
Chris
x

Pia S said...

What a lovely white frame you've made for this beautiful image! A great clean design!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog}

lalkygirl said...

What a beautiful card ,love the shape and pretty image
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

Anne Fenton said...

Your card is beautiful...thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Shirley-Anne said...

Very pretty card, Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Karen C said...

Uhm, WOW!! This is stunning! Love it!!!! Thanks for playing in our "Use A Digi" challenge at One Stitch At A Time this week! Hope to see more of your lovely work!
Hugs,
Karen C

Unknown said...

Well I do hope you had the most awesome Birthday my friend. I love to get to pick out my own birthday gifts. Especially when its from the craft store. Your card looks amazing.

Hugs~

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.fab pretty image and design :D

xx coops xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Know what you mean about daylight Julie! Glad you had a lovely birthday and were properly spoilt and I love this beautiful shaped card with those beautifully coloured flowers. Vicky x

Crafting Vicky said...

Happy belated birthday! Those are awesome gifts!!!!

Love the shape of the card and the fact that you have created an opening in the front. The coloring is superb.

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

LeAnne said...

What a lovely frame you've used here...just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week! Also, have you ever tried adjusting your photos with your photo editing program? Mine has a neutral color picker and it adjusts the colors to a more natural hue.

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh julie this is so pretty!! I love how you used the 2 dies!! x

Unknown said...

Love this clean and simple card and you did a fab job with the frame challenge! Glad you played along this week with The Paper Players!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Simple lovely.