Friday 19 October 2012

Q.O.B. LOL!

 Hi all, what a dreadful day it is where I am, horrible,drizzly,dark and miserable! I'm hoping that wherever you are, you have blue skies and sunshine!
Send some my way :)
 


I'm rather pleased with my offering today, a little bit of a summery feel to it.
 
 


 I've not done any bunting for a few posts and as I've recently been awarded the title of
 "Queen Of Bunting"
 by the lovely Kerry, it gave me the kick up the pants that I needed!
 
 
 
I must confess that I just love the look of the hand cut bunting, the last time I added it to a card I used a stamp and I just wasn't so pleased with the look.
 
 

 
I think that hand cut is much easier on the eye. My favourite bit of the card though has to be my patchwork flower,made using some of my favourite paper remnants, I just love it, look out for more of these, they could take over from the bunting lol!  Check out the nailhead peeping out from behind my flower.
 
 
I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
 
Penny's 98, Girls,
PSC53A, Birthday,
Anything Goes 78, Make your own embellishments,
Emerald fairies 34, Anything goes,
Bearly Mine 57, Anything goes,
Fashionista 8, Anything goes,
Lollipop 92, Happy Birthday,
MIM111, Anything goes,
CCH130, Make your own flowers.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

22 comments:

Pia S said...

What a nice shaped card! The bunting and flower are perfect embellishments fot a birthday card. Lovely!

Claire said...

I love everything about this card Julie, fabulous shape, love all the elements like the flower and bunting, great card. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

WOW!! this is fabulous. I love the design with such wonderful flowers and of course the brilliant bunting!!

Sue

Susan said...

Stunnalicious !! The bunting is fab - Kerry wasn't wrong !!!
The colours are gorgeous and loving the flower......Xx

Chris said...

just love your fantastic shaped cards, Julie, and this one is no exception! The bunting looks great and the patchwork flower is gorgeous!
Chris
x

Mimi said...

Adorable card! Thanks for playing at Lollipop Crafts! ;D

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Julie Fabulous shaped card.Love the layers , bunting and precious flower . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Unknown said...

Love the bunting card Julie, very nice shape too. thanks for your sweet comment too...joined your blog as a new member...luv
aussie annie...oh and sending warm sunshine your way, it's 30 degrees celcius here hot hot hot....
http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

valou250809 said...

Very nice project! bravo! thanks for playing with PPCC this week.

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.really fab shape and i love your flower and bunting ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could send you some of my sunshine. We have plenty of it here in the desert. Your card is so lovely. I can see why you are the Bunting Queen. I just love the look of your bunting here on your card.

Take care my friend.

Hugs~

karen said...

loving the retro flower I will have to try this xxxxx

Jules said...

I love this card, love the style and colours. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

Davi said...

Wonderful card..I love the handmade bunting and that totally cool flower with the lovely shaped card :) Sure wish I could send you some sunshine...we have plenty year round.

Christy Designs said...

Fabulous shape, love the flower and bunting, great card.
thanks for joining us at fashionista Challenge

Kerry said...

QOB strikes again lol!!! I love this AND your patchwork flower but no way will it outdo your bunting Julie. Love your card xx

Unknown said...

Awesome shaped card! Love the stitching and that fab flower! Thanks for playing along with The Perfect Sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I love the shape and colors of this card. Beautiful elements. Thanks for joining our Girls, Girls, Girls challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty this week.
Tammy DT

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card, love the shape, the bunting and your fabulous patchwork flower, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

Vickie ODell said...

You made a really bright, cheery card for such a dreary day. I love your paper choices and the design of your card. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Perfect Sentiment's birthday challenge.

Nancy in Iowa said...

Just when I think I know what my FAVORITE Julie card has been - you come up with a DOOZY! This is so .... perfect - the colors are yummy and warm and embracing! I can't tell you how much I love love love that flower! This goes on my FAVS list Forever! Don't you just love it when you finish a card and you just get that "ohhhhh...I am SO happy with this" feeling?!

Sonia said...

Hi!~
FABulous Creation! Great JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts.
-Sony LC-DT
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com