Wednesday 2 August 2017

Blue And Orange Hues

I can't believe that it's August already, new month and new challenge with Lavinia and the theme this time is 




For my first card I used oxide inks to create my background then stamped my focal flower before stamping my favourite Background Script around the edges. I then added liquid pearls and glamour dust.




For the background of my second card, I tapped the edges of my acrylic block with the gorgeous vibrant colour box inks, lightly spritzing the block with water then pressing it onto my card. To blend the colours further I lifted the block, twisted it 180 degrees and pressed it down again. I love the effect it gives. Now, stamping the image took trial and error as I wanted to emboss the Moon Pods but didn't have any blue pigment ink, thank goodness for my Misti, it meant I could stamp the blue then stamp with Versamark before heat embossing in clear.  I used a paintbrush to pick up the remaining ink from the block so that I could add more colour to the pods.
 I then used a white gel pen to colour the spots
 before adding stickles. 



I'm using these cards for the following challenges:-
Artistic Stamper, Anything goes,
CAS Mix up, August.recipe.

If you fancy winning a £40 voucher to spend on new stamps, join us in the challenge and ink up your 
Lavinia Stamps!

Thanks for stopping by,
 Julie.x

Exciting news Lavinia are coming to Hochanda!

1 comment:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

A Fabulous creation. THank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)